This is the third and last part of this specific blog series. Please click here to read How to organize a successful business event (Part 1) and How to organize a successful business event (Part 2).
The date of the event is approaching:
- Have enough print material for all the participants ready
- Double check if all the names on the name tags are spelled correctly
- Get to the Hotel before any guests or other suppliers arrive
- Go through the agenda once again with the Hotel staff to ensure the right timing for the break-out rooms, coffee breaks and meals, etc.
- Prepare a “Welcome Desk” where you can hand out the name tags and greet your guests/participants and direct them to your conference room
- Have “Conference Office” in place for your guests, someone who can help them with print outs, copies, booking changes, mobile phone chargers, security pins, etc.
- Have a designated contact person for the Hotel staff to deliver messages and to communicate changes in the agenda (delays, etc)
Other Points to consider when organizing a business event
- Leave enough time for participants to network
- Provide an energizing lively atmosphere
- Try to involve the audience as much as possible to keep them focused on the topic
- Keep the evening program short – some attendees have traveled a long way and might be tired, others might need some time for themselves or to network
- Think about whether you really want to dictate seating arrangements or if you want to leave it up to the participants to mingle and network
- And, last but not least, don’t forget to make them laugh from time to time, humor is a great way to keep the spirits up!
I have organized many events and seminars to the utter satisfaction of organizer and participants and I am here to turn yours into a great success as well!
Please contact me for a quote!
Kind regards – Jackie Jaeger